SENNS is thrilled to partner once again with the Nova Scotia Department of Business to offer bursaries to Nova Scotian social enterprises to attend the Social Enterprise World Forum (SEWF) October 23-25, 2019 in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. The SEWF is an international event for social enterprises from all over the world to come together, share wisdom, build networks and discuss how to create a more sustainable future.
APPLY HERE OR SEE BELOW FOR MORE DETAILS
To apply for the social enterprise bursary, candidates must complete the online application form HERE by July 26, 2019. The purpose of the bursaries is to support those who would otherwise not be able to participate. SENNS encourages applicants from SENNS members who support and/or identify as indigenous, African Nova Scotian, persons with disabilities, women, LGBTQ2, youth, and/or new Canadians.
Once successful applicants have been notified, they will provide SENNS with all relevant documentation for processing of the bursary.
- Conference registration receipt
- Flight and/or accommodation booking receipt
- Completed application
- Must be a resident of NS
- Must be a SENNS member
- Must be directly involved in the operation of a social enterprise
- Agree to provide an “Impact Story” to SENNS post SEWF 2019 outlining the benefit gained from attending SEWF 2018 including one or all of the following:
- an “ah ha” moment,
- advice/realization that you wish you had earlier and would like those up and coming to the sector to know,
- how you are going to use this experience in Nova Scotia, business deals/partnerships secured).
- This should be between 500 and 1000 words and be submitted to [email protected] by November 4, 2019.
Selections will be made based on:
- Diversity in social enterprise industry and mission
- Diversity of individuals i.e. support and/or identify as indigenous, African Nova Scotian, new Canadian, LGBTQ2, youth, and/or woman
- Diversity in social enterprise legal structure
- Demonstrated need