For Immediate Release-Halifax: The Social Enterprise Network of Nova Scotia (SENNS) is thrilled to announce the launch of Nova Scotia’s first Impact Investment Fund, in partnership with the national Social Enterprise Ecosystem Project (S4ES), managed by SENNS’ partner, the Nova Scotia Co-operative Council. SENNS has worked hard for its members to bring these national funds to our province to level the playing field for those looking to start a social enterprise.
“We are excited to be able to deepen our work in supporting social enterprises across the province. This investment fund means more access to capital, which means more opportunity for startup success and growth, something our social enterprises need in order to having a lasting impact in our communities.” said Cathy Deagle Gammon, President, Social Enterprise Network of Nova Scotia
- Financing is available for social enterprises who meet the eligibility criteria (see below)
- Applications to the Social Enterprise Impact Investment Fund will be assessed on the:
- Strength of the application (the opportunity, business plan, leadership team, community support)
- Social and/or environmental mission and impacts
- Financial sustainability
- Ability to grow and expand its social impacts
- Ability to service debt and/or meet other financial obligations
- Financing Levels: $1000 – $15,000
- This is a lending and/or equity program. It is not a grant or donation program.
- Questions and completed applications should be submitted to NS Co-op Council President and CEO, firstname.lastname@example.org OR fax 902-895-0109.
Download your application HERE
The Social Enterprise Network of Nova Scotia (SENNS) is a non-profit, member-led society, building a movement on behalf of social enterprises across the province. SENNS is committed to advocating on behalf of entrepreneurs and businesses whose missions involve strengthening our communities.
SENNS, Secretariat Communications Coordinator
902-407-0822 ext 101 email@example.com